Monday, March 5, 2012

Best Game That I EVER PLAYED

From Capcom, the company that developed & published hit games like Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Resident Evil, & many others; & Clover Studio, the studio that produced Viewtiful Joe, produced a game that, for me, was more EPIC than the meaning of "epic" itself. & THAT IS OKAMI.

Okami, literally meaning " great god", is a game of EPIC PROPORTIONS (I can't stop using the word EPIC for this one. >>.<<). it starts when the land of Nippon (Japan) was consumed by darkness, & how the Sun Goddess, Okami Amaterasu, saves Nippon from its destruction. Ammy (short for Amaterasu), is accompanied by a "wandering artist" poncle named Issun. Ammy makes use of a "magical" ((WWWOOOOOTTTTT)) brush, called the Celestial Brush. & as the story progresses, the player will have to search for 12 different Celestial Gods which gives a certain ability or skill in using the Celestial Brush. My personal favorites are the Celestial Gods Gekigami (god of Lightning) & Itegami (god of Snow/Blizzard)


:I think this is the cover of Okami for Wii . . .dunno, I haven't played it yet using Wii. WWEEEEE~:

:Ammy at the River of Heavens:
:Ammy at Kamiki Village, with Mr. Orange ((??forgot who he was)):
:Ammy sitting at Shinshu Fields:
:Okami battling Orochi, the 8-headed-serpent-dragon-WHATEVER-of-darkness:

:Comparison between the realistic & original look of Okami to that of the final sumi-e styled Okami:

:my favorite Okami Wallpaper:


after Capcom & Clover Studios released Okami, Clover Studios reportedly closed down (dunno the reason, but, its too bad . . . since Okami was ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME, at least for, it is). So when fans demanded for a sequel, Ready at Dawn, Tose & Capcom released its predecessor, Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo. Too bad for,  I haven't played Okamiden yet . . . its soooooo . . . depressing . . .  *sighs*
:Chibiterasu, a younger version of Ammy, along with Kuni, Susano & Kushi's adopted son, with Sakuya, the "guardian" (I think . . . I DUNNO! I FORGOT SINCE IT WAS AGES SINCE I WAS ABLE TO PLAY THIS AGAIN!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!)
of the tree:





:THE 12 CELESTIAL GODS:
:Bakugami (Cherry Bombs):

:Gekigami (Lightning):

:Hanagami (Nature, greenery, etc.):


:Itegami (Blizzards/Snow):

:Kabegami (Catwalk/Wall-walk):

:

:Kasugami (Smoke):

:Kazegami (Divine Winds):

:Moegami (Fire):

:Nuregami (Water):

:Tachigami (Slash/Slashing/Slashes/WHATEVER!) >.<
:Yomigami (Rejuvenation):



:Yumigami (Crescent Moon):




:the 12 Celestial Gods (from dA):



Okami boasts wonderful animation, fierce battles with Onis, imps, monsters, demons, etc., a wide variety of characters, & a very creative & classical story plot featuring Japan's many myths & folklore. It is a MUST PLAY GAME. If you DO NOT LIKE this game, then you have to go to the doctor to get your brains working again.
& I almost forgot, one of the most memorable characters for me was Waka, the golden-haired dunno-who-he-is-or-what-he-does guy who shows himself to Ammy & Issun every once in a while during the game.

:ahahahahahaha . . . what a large image for him :33:



(I do not own the pictures that I have borrowed, NOR will I claim them that they are of my ownership. Credits to the owners, I only found these in google, sssoooooooo . . . @______________@)











No comments:

Post a Comment