Thursday, May 10, 2012

come & gone. (a dream, a nightmare, or reality)

when you sleep at night, worrying about something, someone, somethings that happened, somethings that are ABOUT to happen, or things that just happen to roam in your head, can you call these as either a dream, or a NIGHTMARE?

one day, we received a letter from our big brother who is training in Baguio city to become a soldier one day. its his LIFE LONG DREAM to be a soldier. So its no easy task to be away from your loved ones for a very long time, going through rigorous training everyday, studying subjects that were taken up during our high school days, reciting & taking oaths, & managing their emotions when they feel like they're about to fall out of fatigue & hopelessness. So what contained in the letter, came to me with a bit of confusion. i had mixed feelings for it . . . he said that (in Tagalog--English) "mama, i want to resign my post here & go home. i would much rather work for you & my sisters rather than spending my time here in the Philippine Military Academy grounds."
at first, i didn't know what to think, let alone say to him. i was both surprised AND not surprised that he would send us this kind of letter. SURPRISED, because he said this so early . . . i didn't expect him to tell us this so early.

SO, my younger sis & I hatched up a plan: to send a message to ALL of his close friends, or to the people who care for him, to send us a "Letter of Encouragement" for him. It should contain ONLY words of encouragement, full of love & support, & it MUST NOT contain the words "I MISS YOU". That is strictly prohibited, since it triggers the cadets longing emotions of wanting to go home. ONLY ENCOURAGING WORDS, words of WISDOM, for CLARITY OF THE MIND, HEART, & SOUL, & things that will make him smile & laugh for a bit. Things that will make him say "They are DAMN PROUD OF ME. I can do this thing. I will not LET MY EFFORTS GO TO WASTE. I WILL NOT LET THEM DOWN. I WILL NOT STOP & CALL IT QUITS. I WILL CONTINUE ON THIS PATH THAT I HAVE ALREADY CHOSEN, & I WILL NOT TURN BACK NOW. I WILL FULFILL MY DREAM, & THIS IS MY CHANCE TO FULFILL THAT DREAM. I WILL FIGHT."

 SO, if anyone that you know right now is training to be a soldier, PRAY FOR THEM. GIVE THEM CONTINUOUS SUPPORT. ENCOURAGE THEM, NEVER LET THEM QUIT. NEVER EVER LET THEM QUIT. Help them overcome their HOPELESSNESS & DISCOURAGEMENT, & always, ALWAYS make him/her feel THAT YOU ARE PROUD OF HIM/HER.

SO for now, please pray for my big bro, Fredrik, who i love so dearly & who miss I miss so much right now, for his safety, health, resilience, strength, power to overcome any obstacle, pray that he may always have the WILL TO FIGHT, & bless him with the purest of intentions. PRAY FOR HIM that his mind can be cleared & that he can make a decision that he will NOT REGRET LATER ON. & not only my brother, but please, PLEASE, PRAY FOR ALL THE SOLDIERS & FUTURE SOLDIERS OF OUR COUNTRY, FOR ALL THE SOLDIERS OF THE WORLD, TO BE ALWAYS SAFE, TO KEEP OUR COUNTRIES SAFE FROM HARMS WAY, & THAT THEY MAY BE REWARDED WITH THE BLESSING FROM OUR LORD THAT THEY ARE LONGING TO HAVE. 

SO for now, i don't want to think about the negative things that will PROBABLY come out once he makes his decision (if either he resigns or if he continues to train). Right now, i don't know what to think of this situation: if its either just a DREAM, or a horrid NIGHTMARE, or just the HARSHNESS OF REALITY itself.

so if anyone who is willing to put my brother & the other cadets in your prayers, THANK YOU. THIS WILL MEAN THE WORLD TO THEM THAT NOT ONLY THEIR FRIENDS & FAMILY WHO LOVE & SUPPORT THEM, BUT ORDINARY STRANGERS TO THEIR LIVES AS WELL. 




No comments:

Post a Comment